Monday, October 6, 2008

Tuesday, October 7

Periods 1, 3, 4, 5, 7
1. Word wall
2. New vocabulary
3. Complete VIS


1. apocalypse: end of the world (n): Seeing that student work was a sign of the apocalypse. Seeing that student work was a sign of the end of the world

2. appalled: disgusted (adj): I was appalled when only three students turned three students turned in their homework

what are some things that appall you?

3. apparition: ghost (noun): Some people claim they can see ghosts. Some people claim they can see apparitions.

4. appreciate: value (verb): I appreciate the nice little things that my grandma does for me. I value the nice little things that my grandma does for me.

5. Arrogant: full of yourself (adj): I think Kobe Bryant is arrogant. I think Kobe Bryant is full of himself.

What makes a person arrogant?

6. aspects: parts, features, elements (noun): There are certain aspects of teaching that I like. There are certain parts, features or elements of teaching that I like. (what aspects of this class do you like? which do you dislike?)
7. associate: to connect (verb): We associate Martin Luther King with civil disobedience. We connect Martin Luther King with civil disobedience.

What are some things you associate our country with?

8. aspire: to have a great desire (verb): The girl in my first-hour class aspired to be a chef. The girl in my first-hour class had a great desire to be a chef.

What do you aspire to?

9. attribute: characteristic or quality (noun): Driving a nice car is an attribute of people who live in Parkland. Driving a nice car is a characteristic or quality of people who live in Parkland.

What are some other attributes of people who live in Parkland?

10. grateful: thankful (adj): I was grateful to my parents for all the nice things they did for me growing up. I was thankful to my parents for all the nice things they did for me growing up.

What are some things that you are grateful for?

4. News of the day

No comments: