Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday, Feb. 5

Periods 1, 3, 4, 5, 7
1. Word wall
2. Review context clues
3. New vocab
4. Fix FCAT packets

1. bewildered: confused (v): My sister gets bewildered when the teacher starts talking about binomials. My sister gets confused when the teacher starts talking about binomials.

2. appalled: disgusted (v): I was appalled at what I saw going on in the halls. I was disgusted at what I saw going on in the halls.

3. content: happy (adj): I am content with staying at Coral Springs High School. I am happy with staying at Coral Springs High School.

4. compassionate: caring (adj): Mother Theresa is compassionate toward the poor. Mother Theresa is caring toward the poor.

5. cautious: careful (adj): Be very cautious when crossing the street. Be very careful when crossing the street.

6. boisterous: loud (adj): I often get headaches when my students are boisterous. I often get headaches when my students are loud.

7. grateful: thankful (adj): My friend was very grateful when I paid for her dinner. My friend was very thankful when I paid for her dinner

8. novel: new and original (adj): Teachers are praised for coming up with novel ideas. Teachers are praised for coming up with new and original ideas.

9. irrational: without reason (adj): She gets mad when her parents make decisions that are irrational. She gets mad when her parents make decisions that are without reason.

10. tentative: not fully worked out (adj): My plans to go to London are tentative. My plans to go to London are not fully worked out.

No comments: