Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday, March 18

Periods 1, 3, 4, 5, 7
1. Word wall
2. Learn new vocab
3. complete VIS

1. abbreviate: to shorten (V): I had to abbreviate her name because it was so long. I had to shorten her name because it was so long.
2. Carouse: to party (V): Some of the students in this class like to carouse. Some of the students in this class like to party.
3. Portly: fat (adj): The umpire I worked with last night was portly. The umpire I worked with last night was fat.
4. Excursion: trip (N): We took an excursion to the museum. We took a trip to the museum.
5. Ruse: trick (N): The students played a ruse on the teacher. The students played a trick on the teacher.
6. Matrimony: marriage (N): My parents just celebrated 40 years of matrimony. My parents just celebrated 40 years of marriage.
7. Gay: happy (adj): The students appeared gay when they found out school was canceled. The students appeared happy when they found out school was canceled.
8. Corpulent: fat (adj): Santa Claus is corpulent. Santa Claus is fat.
9. Somnolent: sleepy (adj): I was somnolent Sunday night. I was sleepy Sunday night.
10. Abduct: kidnap (v): Adam Walsh was abducted from a mall in Hollywood back in the early 1980s. Adam Walsh was kidnapped from a mall in Hollywood back in the early 1980s.

4. Finish reviewing Internet project

No comments: